Now accepting applications for waitlist only.
If you wish to apply to be on the waitlist, and be considered in the event that booth space becomes available, please complete the application form below.
2018 Market Dates & Times
Friday, November 16 | 12 pm – 8 pm
Saturday, November 17 | 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday, November 18 | 10 am – 4 pm
SET‐UP: Thursday, November 15 | 3 pm ‐ 8 pm &
Friday, November 16 | 9 am ‐ 11:30 am
STRIKE: Sunday, November 18 | 4 pm ‐ 6 pm
Chilliwack Heritage Park
44140 Luckakuck Way,
Chilliwack, BC V2R 4A7
2018 Application Deadlines
Applications will be juried until the market is full, after which, they will be juried for waitlist.
First Jury Deadline: March 2
Notification of Acceptance: March 16
Second Jury Deadline: June 1
Notification of Acceptance: June 15
Third Jury Deadline: August 17
Notification of Acceptance: August 31
- Applicants must be the designers, creators and producers of their work. Absolutely no kit crafts, imported crafts, or items crafted by someone other than the applicant will be accepted. No direct sales vendors.
- If sharing a booth, each applicant must submit an Exhibit Form, and will be juried as an individual (information for each artisan must be included on the Application Form).
- Application packages including: samples, photos, product packaging, and booth display examples, will be juried for quality, durability, originality, and professional presentation.
- Applicants are responsible for delivery and pick‐up of sample products. Personal delivery and pick‐up of submissions, or pre‐paid postage or courier waybill for return of mailed applications. Please let staff know if a designated proxy will pick-up the applicant’s work.
- As this is a fundraiser for the Chilliwack Community Arts Council the jury will take into account past sales if you have been involved in our market in previous years.
- We require accepted applicants to become members of the Chilliwack Community Arts Council. Prices are listed on the application form. If you have a membership upon application, it must be valid through to market dates.
- If you are selling food products other than those deemed “low risk” you must provide a copy of current license/ approval from provincial health authorities.
Our jury is comprised of experienced, diverse crafters who follow the acceptance criteria, and category limits. Year to year we have different jurors and applicants, and this ensures our market remains as unique as the crafters who participate. *Please note: The Chilliwack Community Arts Council staff are not involved in the jurying process.
Correspondence will be made via email. Please ensure that you place firstname.lastname@example.org in your email’s safe list. *hotmail.com or .ca accounts may need to check the “junk” folder. For any questions or concerns please contact the Chilliwack Community Arts Council by email or by calling 604‐769‐2787.
Booth Spaces Size
10’ frontage (wide) x 8’ deep. (refer to application form for costs). We provide curtained back walls and side wings on aluminum runners, and general market lighting. Outlets are for lighting use only unless approved by staff. You are responsible for adequately lighting your booth and bringing your own extension cords. You are required to have floor length skirting for tables and signage. Chairs are provided. Tables are available by request only (not supplied as part of the standard booth set-up).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Artisan will pay all applicable fees, including 10% commission on all product sold; payable at the end of the last market day (Sunday).
- After acceptance into the Market, artisan agrees to the following refund policy: If artisan withdraws application after October 1, all fees paid are non-refundable.
- Artisan will only sell products listed in the original application; handcrafted by him or her and not a kit craft, imported and/or mass produced product.
- Artisan will be respectful to fellow artisans, market volunteers, and CCAC staff.
- Artisan agrees to help promote the Market as much as possible.
- Artisan will comply with all local zoning, bylaws, health and safety rules, and are solely responsible for obtaining all permits, licences, insurance, and approvals reasonably required to sell their products at the Market. The Chilliwack Community Arts Council will not be responsible for any costs, damages, or economic loss resulting from failure to comply with these terms. If any government agency, court, person or commercial body orders sale of vendor product to cease, artisan will immediately comply with this order.
- WIFI access is offered through Heritage Park’s system; not supplied by the CCAC. Artisans are encouraged to ensure they have an adequate data plan on their sales processing device if they wish to avoid purchasing upgraded WIFI.
- The Chilliwack Community Arts Council makes no guarantees about artisan sales or success at the Market, and is not responsible for any losses artisans may incur if the Market is cancelled or shortened for reasons outside the reasonable control of the Chilliwack Community Arts Council.
- Artisan will indemnify the Chilliwack Community Arts Council for any loss, fine, penalty, judgement, legal fees, and expenses reasonably connected to artisan’s failure to comply with these terms or any liability, negligence, gross negligence, or injury resulting from artisan products, actions, conduct, booth setup, display or trade activities.
- The Chilliwack Community Arts Council may amend or update these terms from time to time and artisan agrees to be bound by such future amendments or updates.