- Who can apply to the Chilliwack Christmas Craft Market?
Any artisan who produces handmade goods to sell can apply to our market. All items to be sold must be handmade by the applicant. Absolutely no kit crafts, items purchased and assembled, imported crafts, or items crafted by someone other than the applicant will be accepted. No exceptions.
- How do I apply?
You must complete the application package in full and submit all appropriate images/product. An incomplete form can result in you not being accepted. Booth fees and any additional table and/or RV parking fees are due upon acceptance into the Market, after receipt of your fee invoice (via email).
- *Please note: if you sell food products you must also include information required by provincial health authorities based on “low risk” or “high risk” products being sold at temporary food markets, and sampling procedures. Full information is available through the Fraser Health Authority. Click here to find application forms or here to download Fraser Health’s Guidelines.
- *Alcohol vendors need to have their Serving It Right and manufacturing forms available for inspection if needed. Bath & Body vendors should ensure they have their Health Canada CNF forms available upon request.
- How much does a booth cost?
The price is variable depending on what you require. Please refer to the application form.
- What is the jury process?
We use a private jury of experienced artisans who will be evaluating the quality and originality of your product, as well as presentation. All items to be sold must go through adjudication and the jury reserves the right to accept and decline items of their choosing.
- How many items should I bring in to be juried?
We will only accept one physical sample, per product category. Applicants are asked to supply 5-10 photos to highlight their products. List additional items on your application form. Note: If your items are of differing categories you may bring in a sample for each category. (e.g., fudge and pottery).
- Where do I drop my application package off to be juried?
Please arrange an appointment time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org prior to dropping off product samples. Application packages must be well labeled and dropped off/mailed to the Chilliwack Community Arts Council’s office: #20 – 5725 Vedder Rd., Chilliwack, BC V2R 3N4. Artisans are responsible for delivery and pick up of their application packages, or you can provide prepaid postage or courier waybill for return of mailed packages. The jury’s decision is sent by email; please ensure email@example.com is on your email account’s safe list (and check those “Junk” folders!). No printed letters will be sent through regular mail.
- Can I speak with the jury?
No. The jury is private and their names will not be released to the public under any circumstance. *Please note: The Chilliwack Christmas Craft Market Coordinators and Chilliwack Community Arts Council Directors/Staff are not on the jury and have no impact on whether you are accepted or not.
- I was in the Market last year. Do I have to be juried again?
Yes. Every year you must prove your product’s quality is still up to par.
- When is the deadline to apply?
- Selection 1: made from applications received by March 15, 2019. Artisans must pick up their entries in the week of April 15, 2019
- Selection 2: made from applications received by June 7, 2019. Artisans must pick up their entries in the week of July 8, 2019
- Selection 3: made from applications received by August 9, 2019. Artisans must pick up their entries in the week of September 9, 2019
Note: If booths are full after jury selections, applicants will be juried for the waiting list.
Waitlist: You may apply for our waitlist at anytime. We encourage those who are not accepted to remain on our waitlist in the event that a fellow artisan in your category should cancel.
Important: All submissions must be picked up by October 1, 2019 or they will become the property of the Chilliwack Community Arts Council. If it is impossible for you to pick up your items by this date, you must request to make alternate arrangements by emailing us before the deadline.
- How do I find out if I was accepted or not?
The jury’s decision is returned by email notice. No printed letters will be sent through regular mail. All decisions of the jury are final.
- I missed the deadlines! Can I still apply?
Yes. You may apply for waitlist in the event that another artisan cancels. There is no order on our waitlist! Entries are chosen based on many factors such as: which artisan canceled, which categories have space remaining, uniqueness of product, etc.
- What is the payment & cancellation policy?
- Artisan will pay all invoices for booth fees upon acceptance; due no later than two weeks after receipt of CCAC issued invoice(s). Full payment is required to reserve booth space.
- After acceptance into the market, artisan agrees to the following refund and cancellation policy:
- The reason for cancellation must be provided in writing, by email.
- For cancellations received prior to September 20th, a $50 admin fee will be deducted from the total refund amount owed to artisan.
- After September 20th, a partial, 50% refund will be issued on total amount owed to artisan.
- After October 1st, NO refunds, regardless of reason, will be issued. Refunds will NOT be offered to ‘no shows’; no exceptions.
- The Chilliwack Community Arts Council and Market Coordinators reserve the right to refuse entry/booth space to any artisan who has not paid his or her invoice in full, does not communicate in a timely manner, or has not provided required health or liquor certifications.
- Okay, I think I am ready to apply!
Great! Download a 2019 Chilliwack Christmas Craft Market Application Package. Or apply online now by visiting our Artisan Application page.